doll house project

Working on a project, or want to show off your BJD creations? This place is for you.
willoughby

doll house project

Postby willoughby » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 pm

I found a timber doll house on a neighbour's hard rubbish pile so I brought it home. It was in pretty poor shape (complete with mouse droppings!) so I've been working to bring it back to a usable state -

Ewww! The wallpapered back was made of a papery wood type board so I just ripped it off and threw it away.

After a good scrub with disinfectant!

After a few coats of enamel paint and with a new foam core back. I used scrapbook paper for the wallpaper.

With furniture added! Most of the furniture I have is from the Ikea set (plus the fish tank that was a gift from Oni-Chan - thanks, Oni!) I will be getting a some more furniture and rugs, but I don't want to overcrowd it as the house is not all that big. In addition I love the wallpapers so I don't want to cover them all up!

Some closer views of the furniture.

My Pukifee trying out their new house!
at home: FL Pukifees - Annabel, Gabriel, Pippin, Reverie, Dashiell; MH - Puck; Aileen Doll dragons - Zephyr, Roux, Nimbus, Ignis, Boo; NobleDolls - Aurelia
waiting for:
none!
my blog: http://ateenytinyworld.wordpress.com/

Oni-Chan

Re: doll house project

Postby Oni-Chan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Woooooow it looks fantastic! What a lucky find, your cuties look like they love it! *v* great job!
Vivi E.J Onion Lili Nailah
Hatsuko Mariko Emiko Kiyoko Chieko Yuuko Shizuko Shouta Sawako Tomoko Maiyuki Suzume Nae Madoka Hoshiko Tsubasa Nanami Melody Yuzuyu Rini Ari Satomi Asami Reiko Yumiko Kannazaria Serenity Elysse Mae Rin Len Miki Hitomi Noriko

LadyTakara

Postby LadyTakara » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh my gosh!!!! I love making houses/rooms for my little ones. I've decided the tiny collection will grow in the future, because I just know I'm not going to be able to resist
~ Blog~ dART ~ DoA ~ YouTube - RedBubble
Feel free to call me Cassie ^_^

Sadaloha

Postby Sadaloha » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Wonderful job!

Xanadu

Postby Xanadu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 am

What a terrific find willoughby, you have done a wonderful restoration, it's a perfect size for the Ikea furniture and the pukifees!!!

Simmo

Postby Simmo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 pm

That house is an excellent depth- it looks completely different to when you found it, great job willoughby! I like that you painted it white, and your choice of wallpapers- lucky little pukifees^^

Aoibhe

Postby Aoibhe » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Wow! That's an amazing transformation.
Not sure if I just passed over the answer, but about how long did that take you?

mayhemmotorsport

Postby mayhemmotorsport » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 pm

what a great find and an excellent restoration, im a big fan of turning trash to treasure, and you have certainly done that glad your puki's are enjoying their new home
waiting to win lotto

Quanita

Postby Quanita » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Oh My... I love your house, it is totally fantastic and I am so impressed (and now totally embarrassed about my own trash to treasure effort).

I started with restoring/revamping one of my own, but alas it got left behind in April and has not been touched since. It will get done at some point though and I also have a kit house I bought on ebay (that I have still not unpacked because I didn't want it to distract me from the first one *sigh*) to go.

you can see details on my blog (click on dollhouse revamp in tags for all the posts - if you are interested that is)
@home: AS/ID Hybrid Momo (Mimi Mon Minou),SD Sweet Lappy Angel (Kaylee), DHS Qbaby (QBerry),DZ Shuang Shuang FS (Li-Hua), SM Glot (Piper Caelestis), SM iMDA Babette like a Butterfly (Mona)

willoughby

Postby willoughby » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!

Aoibhe - I updated this quite slowly, but if I did it in one block of time it would have taken about a week (and that's because I was using an enamel paint which takes a long time to dry between coats). My guess would be 3 days of painting (one coat each day that took around 1/2 an hour), around 4 days of drying outside (with enamel paint the fumes can be quite strong so I like to air painted items outside for as long as I can) and then about an hour to make and stick on the backing.

Quanita - your doll house looks AMAZING! I am very impressed you are making everything from scratch! And I love, love, love the circus theme :)
at home: FL Pukifees - Annabel, Gabriel, Pippin, Reverie, Dashiell; MH - Puck; Aileen Doll dragons - Zephyr, Roux, Nimbus, Ignis, Boo; NobleDolls - Aurelia
waiting for:
none!
my blog: http://ateenytinyworld.wordpress.com/

jub

Postby jub » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:22 pm

wow it looks amazing! :) I love the colourful wallpaper!

Kavarr

Postby Kavarr » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Willoughby that looks amazing. You have done an incredible job. Now i'm envious that none of my boys would fit in a dollhouse!
Kavarr

Midori_Keiko

Postby Midori_Keiko » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:20 pm

That is a great scale for them as well. I think I should keep an eye out in my on hard rubbish days XD

DancingShoes

Postby DancingShoes » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:49 am

Homg, that is too adorable!!
I've got too many legs

kitammie

Postby kitammie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Omg! it looks so nice! You have done a great work,
So love it! And your tiny babies are so cute in that little colourful house ~

Return to “Projects and Portfolios”